Plastic injection molding is the most common process for production
of plastic parts and products. In this process a plastic injection
molding machine injects thermoplastic resins
at high speed and high pressure into a steel mold.
When designing your injection molded part abide by the following
guidelines where possible:
- Keep wall thickness constant throughout the part.
- Use a wall thickness not too thick or too thin for the kind of
plastic material used.
- Use rounded corners instead of sharp corners where
- Add draft to surfaces parallel to the direction of part ejection
from the mold. This will ease part
- Limit the use of undercuts to reduce the required number of
slides or side cores in the mold.